“Insomnia is awful. But on the plus side – only three more sleeps till Christmas.”
Robert Garnham’s at the 2017 the Edinburgh comedy fringe festival
Even if you’re not an insomniac, research shows most of us aren’t getting enough sleep. So to make the most of those precious snoozes, we’ve compiled our top 5 tips to making your bedroom a restful haven:
- Choose a calming colour – blue is soothing and is thought to slow the heart rate. Green and yellow are the runners up.
- Ensure there’s as little furniture as possible and keep the room tidy. Too many distractions and clutter can lead to a fistful night.
- Feng shui practitioners recommend NOT sleeping with your feet pointed to the door, so move the bed if necessary. (It’s known as the coffin position!)
- Ban your phone from the bedroom. The short-wavelength blue light, emitted by the screens we watch, damages the duration, and even more so, the quality of our sleep, according to a recent study.
- If you really like gadgets, consider a smart bed or a decorative sleep tracker that should help you get a good night’s rest.
Get FREE tickets to this years Love Your Home Show. Northern Ireland’s largest home event Love Your Home Show 2017, created for home lovers will take place in the Titanic Exhibition Centre 13th-15th October 2017.